…getting to know all about you. Getting to like you, getting to know you like me. Getting to notice suddenly I’m bright and cheery because of all the beautiful and new things I’m learning about you day by day.
We sang that in my kindergarten graduation performance. That’s right, I have a head like steel trap.
So we’re playing a new little game today. It’s about time for some fresh blood around here, so I figure a good getting to know you series will be good fun for those of you who don’t know me as well (and yet, for some reason, read my blog…?). So I stumbled onto this “30 Questions” MySpace remnant mumbo jumbo, and I figure, HEY! That looks like a 30 day series if I’ve ever seen one.
Now, I hope you guys don’t mind a little vaingloriousness around here for the next month or so. Obviously keeping a blog about my life is self-involved enough, now I’m going to spend an entire month telling you about none other than myself. Gross. That said, I’d really like some responses to some of these. I’m opening up the floor with a new question/topic per day and I think it’d be wonderful if everyone else would share a little about themselves as well. Consider this a challenge.
Feel free to leave a little about yourself in the comments section. Or better yet, be bold and go out and create your own wordpress blog and leave the address in the comment section so I can read it. If anyone was out there reading this and thinking, “Man, I wish I’d thought of starting a blog but now I’d feel like a copy-cat if I did…” then a couple of things need to happen: 1) Recognize that all creativity is born of a seed from someone else’s brain. That’s why terms like “inspiration” or “muse” exist and 2) take this opportunity to start voiding your privacy and spreading the wealth of knowledge that is your own. Find something that your passionate about, start writing, and share it with everyone.
Okay, so the 30 questions are as follows:
1. List 20 random facts about yourself.
2. Describe 3 legitimate fears you have and explain how they became fears.
3. Describe your relationship with your parents.
4. List 10 things you would tell your 16 year-old self, if you could.
5. What are the 5 things that make you most happy right now?
6. What is the hardest thing you have ever experienced?
7. What is your dream job, and why?
8. What are 5 passions you have?
9. List 10 people who have influenced you and describe how.
10. Describe your most embarrassing moment.
11. Describe 10 pet peeves you have.
12. Describe a typical day in your current life.
13. Describe 5 weaknesses and 5 strengths that you have.
14. What are your Top 10 favorite songs of all time?
15. If you were an animal, what would you be and why?
16. What are you Top 5 favorite books of all time?
17. Do you have any “guilty” pleasures? If so, what are they?
18. What has been the most difficult thing you have had to forgive?
19. If you could live anywhere, where would it be and why?
20. Describe 3 significant memories from your childhood.
21. If you could have one superpower, what would it be and what would you do with it first?
22. Where do you see yourself in 5 years? 10 years? 15 years?
23. List your top 5 hobbies and why you love them.
24. What are your “bad” habits?
25. If you could have dinner with anyone in history, who would it be and what would you eat?
26. What popular notion do you think the world has most wrong?
27. What is your favorite part of your body and why?
28. What is your love language?
29. What do you think people misunderstand most about you?
30. List 10 things you would hope to be remembered for.
Later today I’ll start with number 1, and we’ll see where this thing leads. I hope you’re excited because I’m excited to see the responses.